Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Instant Pot Shepherd's Pie



I looked at a few different recipes to figure out liquid ratios and cook time and figured out how to make my Shepherd's pie in the Instant pot last night. :) It turned out really well. I'm fairly new to the instant pot so there might be an easier way of doing this but this worked for me. :) I've tried other methods and the meat wasn't cooked nicely. :)

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
2 1/2 lbs potatoes - quartered
3/4 cup + 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp margarine
1 cup green beans

1) Saute ground beef until cooked.
2) Remove ground beef from inner pot, set aside.
3) Pour 3/4 cup chicken bone broth into inner pot.
4) Place potatoes pieces into pot.
5) Pour ground beef over top.
6) Pour in 1/2 cup chicken bone broth.
7) Pressure cook for 15 minutes.
8) Cook green beans in preferred manner. I microwaved.
9) Quick release.
10) Moving ground beef to the side as much as possible, mash potatoes and add margarine, salt and pepper. Stir together mixture with Instant pot paddle.
11) Add green beans, stir if desired.
12) Serve. Add ketchup if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment