Friday, September 9, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 1


It all began on November 11, 2006.

A friend and I were going dress shopping for a semi formal dance that was being held at my sisters' university.

My now husband and I had decided to meet in person (we had been connected through a dating website) at Cinnabon in the mall and I was supposed to call him when we were done dress shopping which was supposed to be early afternoon.

The night before he and I were scheduled to meet we had had a kind of crappy conversation on msn where he didn't really seem to be as interested or as interesting as I had previously thought.

I'd had a few dates from the website and a lot of them had been horrid so when my friend and I were having issues finding the perfect dress for the party I decided just not to call him and to avoid Cinnabon and forget the date altogether.

However, God clearly had different ideas.

My friend said that she had to use the washroom before we kept shopping so we decided to go to the food court and as we turned the corner into the food court I heard my name! I turned to see him standing there! My initial though was "oh crap.. .now I have to meet him." lol. Anyway, I told him that I still hadn't found a dress and that it could take hours and he said "he'd wait". I agreed to call him when we were done.

So I called him close to 5pm, I think, and we met at Cinnabon as previously arranged and we talked. . .and we talked. . .and we talked. We had such a lot to talk about! We spent a couple of hours walking around the mall just talking.

At around 6:30pm I remembered that he'd said he had plans with his friends that night so I told him he should go. He said it was okay that he'd rather be hanging out with me so I asked him what his plans were and if it was something we could do together. He admitted he was supposed to be going to CHURCH!

So I said that I was also a Christian and there was no reason why we couldn't go to church together. So. . .on our first date we went to church together. lol. After church I met his friends and we all hung out together as a group. They asked how long we'd been dating and I said that today was our first date. They were in shock. Everyone thought we'd been going out for a long time as we seemed so comfortable and good together.

On November 11, 2007 my now husband called me out on the back porch of the student house I was working as landlord in. He told me to "come see this." I thought one of my tenants had broken something. lol. . .but with a light misty rain coming down he got down on one knee and proposed to me! We were married May 3, 2008.

Since then a lot has changed. We've been through job changes, moves, financial hardships, my Celiac disease diagnosis and having a baby who is now a toddler.

Despite the fact that I can no longer eat Cinnabon, I'm grateful for that shared Cinnamon bun in the mall that began so much more on November 11, 2006.






No comments:

Post a Comment