Saturday, October 1, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 22

How have you changed in the past 2 years?

Two years ago I was pregnant with our first child and life had been essentially put on hold.

I was on bed rest.  The only time I ever got out of bed was to use the wash room, grab something to eat, or go to a doctor's appointment.  Though I was excited at the prospect of pregnancy being over soon, and getting my life back, I was also terrified of bringing a baby into a household that at that point was full of financial stress.  We couldn't afford a crib, we couldn't afford baby clothes and we couldn't afford diapers.

That was then, and then there is now.

Luckily these days there is generally food on the table and money in the bank though we're still in debt in some areas it's currently nothing that is ruining our credit which is a nice change.

So how have I changed?

I've come to appreciate the little things in life more.  A sunset, chocolate, a scented candle, a flower.



For one our daughter sees the world in a whole different light, it has such a newness to it.  She loves caterpillars and trees, leaves and rocks, and dirt. . .oh how she loves dirt. :)

I'm trying to see the world more from her perspective, becoming more thankful for what I have rather than what I don't.  We don't live in the newest sexiest apartment out there but we have a safe home with wonderful friendly neighbours, carpet under our feet and covered parking. :)

So I've come to expect less, be happier with what I do have and share what I can with those less fortunate than us.  I've also become more engrossed in my faith as I see the beauty in God's creation through the eyes of a little girl.

1 comment:

  1. You LOVE that carpet, huh?! You can come take mine any day... HATE carpet.

    I think I could learn a thing or two from your daughter.

    ReplyDelete