Monday, February 6, 2012

American Chop Suey


I am absolutely loving a website I found called http://crockpot365.blogspot.com . It is exactly what it sounds like 365 days of crock pot recipes. . .and bonus. . .most of them are gluten free!

As a busy mom I find it hard sometimes to find quick, easy and healthy (I know this varies by your definition of healthy) and yummy recipes to feed my family.

This was definitely one of them!

Tonight we had planned to make chicken for dinner but we lost track of time so when I went to cook dinner I realized I had forgotten to defrost the chicken. So I took a look at the other meals I had planned to cook for this week. American Chop Suey was on the list. Looking over the ingredients I realized that I could probably cook this recipe easily outside of the Crock pot. So that is what I did. I also changed the ingredients a tiny bit based on what we had on the house. If you would like to try the original Crock pot recipe check this out: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2010/10/american-chop-suey-macaroni-and-beef.html

If not, here's my modified version. :)

American Chop Suey

Ingredients:
1 pound lean ground beef
6 bacon strips, chopped
1 small onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes drained
3/4 tsp garlic powder
2 cups Prego Original Pasta sauce
1 bag Tinkyada spiral pasta (454g)

Directions:
1) Fry bacon strips on top of stove top. Keep grease.
2) Mix together Onion, Bell pepper, and garlic powder. Fry in bacon grease until browned. Remove and set aside.
3) Cook Tinkyada Pasta.
4) When water begins to boil to put pasta in, start cooking ground beef.
5) When ground beef is cooked, add diced tomatoes and pasta sauce to ground beef in pan and heat through.
6) Add pasta to pan, stir together and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment