Sunday, February 26, 2012

Creamy Farmhouse Chicken and Garden Soup





So tonight we tried a new recipe called Creamy Farmhouse Chicken and Garden Soup which I found on Family.go.com. (Original recipe here: http://family.go.com/food/recipe-cp-630066-creamy-farmhouse-chicken-and-garden-soup-t/)  :)  I guess this response is kind of getting repetitive but "it was really good"!

We're gluten free, casein free here so I had to modify it and I was worried about that but it didn't seem to affect the taste at all.  It was really yummy and reminded me somewhat of chicken pot pie but without the crust. :)

So here is the modified recipe:

Ingredients:
13oz Selection Oriental Style vegetables (I weighed this.  Mix contains - Broccoli, green beans, carrots, onions, red peppers, mushrooms)
1 small zucchini, peeled, sliced.
2 bone in, skin on, chicken legs back attached. (approximately 2lbs)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 cups Campbell's Gluten Free Vegetable Broth
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 oz Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta uncooked (I weighed this)
1 cup Rice Milk (I used Natur-a)
2 tbsp Becel Vegan Margarine

Directions:
1) Grease 6 quart Crock-pot.
2) Place Stir-fry vegetable mix and zucchini in the bottom.
3) Add chicken, garlic, broth and thyme.
4) Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours (or until chicken is no longer pink). Remove chicken from crock pot and set aside.
5) Meanwhile cook noodles on stove top.
6) While noodles are cooking remove chicken skin, debone and chop.  Return to crock pot.  Stir in remaining ingredients and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment