Tonight I was supposed to make a completely different meal for dinner but, when I went to assemble my ingredients together, I realized I was missing at least half of them! So basically that recipe was a no-go.
I had no idea what to make until I had a "will it blend" moment. lol. In case you're confused take a look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZegRcMjMRU
Obviously Will it Blend is pretty disgusting but when I remembered that clip I started thinking about what was in my cupboard - chicken, cranberry sauce, and spices for a "Thanksgiving dinner" style meal. I had no idea if putting them together in the crock pot would work but happily it did! So here's the recipe for what we ate for dinner tonight.
Crock Pot Chicken Dinner:
2 Chicken Legs BA (approximately 2lbs)
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 Cups Butternut Squash, peeled and chopped
1 tsp dried Sage
1/2 Cup Vegetable Stock (I used Campbell's Vegetable Broth)
1/2 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Canned Cranberry Sauce
1 Cup Rice (+ water needed to make rice)
1) Put the Chicken in the bottom of a 4 quart Crock Pot.
2) Throw Squash and Onion over top.
3) Sprinkle Sage over top
4) Add Vegetable Stock and water.
5) Dribble Cranberry Sauce over everything.
6) Cook on High for 4 hours.
7) Cook Rice separately on stove top.
8) Serve Chicken mixture over rice. Enjoy!