Friday, November 29, 2013
So tonight I decided to basically make the recipe off the side of the gluten free Bisquick box entitled "Oven-baked Chicken." The recipe called for an entire chicken cut up which I didn't have so I reduced the recipe and then also modified it slightly as I didn't have seasoned salt.
Here is the recipe as modified. It's definitely something we would make again!
1/2 tbsp Becel Vegan Margarine
1/2 Cup Bisquick Gluten Free mix
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 eggs, beaten
2lbs of chicken legs back attached
1) Heat oven to 400F. Melt butter in 7 x 11 inch baking dish uncovered in oven.
2) Stir Bisquick mix, salt, paprika, garlic powder and pepper together.
3) Place eggs into a shallow dish. Dip chicken into eggs, then coat with Bisquick mixture.
4) Place skin side down in heated dish.
5) Bake for 35minutes. Turn chicken; bake about 15 minutes longer or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 165F.
Gluten Free Bisquick is not currently officially available in Canada. Some retail locations do sell it unofficially but it is available across the border in the United States if you cannot find it here. I obviously have not tried this with regular gluten containing Bisquick. Who knows, it might work too if you can eat gluten. :) Gluten free/ regular pancake mix (for the gluten eaters) might also work. :)