Sunday, December 1, 2013

Beef and wine


This morning we took our daughter to our local Santa Claus parade and then came home, had some hot chocolate and set up the Christmas decorations!  We watched some Christmas movies and before I knew it it was dinner time!  Unfortunately I hadn't really planned ahead and my husband was in no mood to run out to the grocery store.

So, I decided to look in the fridge and cupboards and was able to throw together something I'll call "Beef and Wine." I'm happy to report that it turned out well.


Here is my recipe:

Beef and Wine

Ingredients:
1lb beef stew meat
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp thyme
1/2 cup red wine
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp melted margarine
2 carrots cut up
1 cup frozen green beans
1 cup of long grain white rice + water needed to cook it

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) Put melted margarine into the bottom of a casserole dish.
3) Place beef stew meat in casserole dish with margarine and sprinkle with onion powder, thyme, and garlic powder. Toss together.
4) Add carrots, green beans, and wine on top.
5) Bake in oven for 1 hour.
6) While beef mixture is cooking, prepare rice according to package directions.
7) When beef has reached an internal temperature of at least 160F, serve beef mixture over rice.
8) Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment