Monday, January 20, 2014

A Reading Challenge


Back in elementary school and into high school I was a reader.  I loved a good book.  Then I started college and that changed.  Suddenly I found myself overwhelmed with the amount of reading that had to be done. Forget recreational reading!  Who had time for that!  Suddenly I had 2 chapters of a law text book to read for a test tomorrow!

And when summers came I wanted nothing to do with books.  I just wanted to bask in the sun with my room mates.  I got out of the habit of reading and I found the older I've gotten the harder it's been to get back into that habit.

Last year I heard about Random House's 2013 Reading Bingo Challenge.  I decided to take up the challenge to read 24 books in one year!  After not having picked up a book in years, I got off to a slow start but with one book done, I moved onto the next, and the next. . .by the end of the year I had read 19 books. Yes, I didn't make it to 24 but, all things considered, I think I did pretty well.

Now of course it's January 2014 and Random House has released a new Book Bingo Challenge.  So here we go. . .this time I'm going for all 24!  Care to join me?


Happy Reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment