Saturday, January 4, 2014

My attempt at Exercise


So one of my "New Year's Resolutions" or "goals" was to get more exercise this year.  Like I said in my previous post, I'm thinking of possibly taking a dance class.

I used to take dance classes in late elementary and early high school so it's been a long time and I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to keep up so I've been trying to get fit enough to take a dance class. lol.

Anyway, I decided why not get fit by doing barre exercises since that's likely going to be at least similar to what I'll do in a ballet class.

So I found this exercise routine on barre on YouTube.  I don't actually have a barre so I used the back of my couch and pushed my dining room table against a wall to allow room to kick. lol.

I made it to 20:55 before I had to stop.  I needed water, needed to catch my breath and my legs felt like Jello.  The dance classes I'm thinking of enrolling in are 45 minutes long.  I doubt they're as intense as this work out is, since they're "beginner" classes, but I think I'm going to keep trying to do this work out until the classes start in February just in case. lol.


1 comment: