Monday, January 13, 2014

The One That Got Away. . .


Blog Challenge: Tell why you are ecstatic "The one that got away" got away.

When I first read about this challenge a song came to my head by Beyonce, entitled "Best Thing I Never Had."  I thought it was appropriate when looking back on "the one that got away" especially in these lyrics:

There was a time I thought, that you did everything right
No lies, no wrong
Boy I must've been out of my mind
So when I think of the time that I almost loved you
You showed your *ss and I, I saw the real you
Thank God you blew it
I thank God I dodged the bullet


I thank God for making my ex the "one who got away". I do believe He had a hand in it because I wouldn't have seen him for who he really was had circumstances in my life not worked out the way they did. I also wouldn't have met my husband.

My husband and my first dance song at our wedding was Rascal Flatt's God Bless the Broken road.  I felt it told the story in not so many words of what I had been through, God's grace in finding me a way out and providing me with a wonderful, caring man who accepted me as I was and the hope in our new life together.


No comments:

Post a Comment