Saturday, February 1, 2014

Banana Bread



Today I was looking at all the gluten free mixes and flour blends I had sitting around my house and was thinking I should probably make something.  I wasn't in the mood to bake cookies, I wanted to make something relatively easy and hopefully something my daughter could take for lunch later this week, so not cake.

I looked in the freezer and noticed that I had 3 bananas.  Exactly the number of bananas needed for a banana bread recipe I had.  However, the recipe was for gluten containing banana bread, as I haven't made banana bread since I went gluten free, so I was a bit worried it wouldn't turn out.  I looked over the two cup for cup gluten free flour blends I had in my cupboard, and settled on the one that had baking powder in it.

I was pleased with the results and my husband and daughter are giving rave reviews. :)

So, here's the recipe so you can try it yourself. :)

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup Becel vegan margarine (softened)
2 eggs
3 mashed bananas (really ripe - in my case I defrosted some over ripe frozen ones)
1 1/2 cup Irresistables Gluten Free Baking Flour Mix (Metro/ Food Basics - store brand)
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) Cream sugar and margarine, and then add the rest of the ingredients, mixing very well.
3) Place batter in a buttered 2 quart loaf pan.
4) Bake for one hour.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment