Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My "Life Anthem"



Blog Challenge - What is your life's anthem? You know...that song that is ALWAYS in your head. The one you'd go to sing first if someone told you to sing a song right NOW. What is it and what does it mean to you?

I had a hard time figuring this out because I have a few songs that I go to when I want to sing something but I'm not sure if I would call them my "life anthem" because I enjoy singing them because of how they make my voice sound.  In the past some of them might have been more of a reflection on my life but I'm a happier person these days so it would be inaccurate to say they're a "life anthem" now. :)

I listen to a lot of music that touches my heart.  Depending on my mood I could be found singing anywhere from Crown Him with Many Crowns (Majesty) or something by Christina Aguilera.

After a lot of thought I settled on Beautiful by Christina Aguilera.  It's a song that my daughter and I sing regularly when we're hanging around the house.  She's 4 so I'm not sure if she understands exactly what she's singing but I like it because of the lyrics and sometimes while singing it I have to fight back tears. I want her to feel loved and accepted for who she is inside, the loving, caring little girl I see.  So these lyrics really speak to me:

You are beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring you down....oh no
You are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring you down, oh, no
So don't you bring me down today...

And in case you want to listen, here's me singing Christina Aguilera's - Beautiful



No comments:

Post a Comment