Friday, January 2, 2015

My Word of the Year. . Envision



:to think of (something that you believe might exist or happen in the future) : to picture (something) in your mind.

My word of the year for 2015 is Envision.

This is the first time I've ever chosen a word of the year and I had a hard time figuring out which word to choose.  I wanted a word that would encourage me as we continue to push forward, and to help me stay strong.  Sometimes when you're waiting for something to happen you can feel kind of stuck, like you're just treading water rather than swimming to the next place, where you actually want to be.

I've put a lot of thought into choosing my word.  To begin with I was going to choose the word "possible" because for 2015 I want to focus on what is possible some day, hopefully in the near future: ie buying a house, adopting a second child, etc.  I'm sure there are lots of possibilities out there for me to discover.

However, in the long run I decided that "possible" isn't really something I'm in control of.  It doesn't come from me it happens to me.  Like they say "Anything is possible" but I feel a need to take a grasp on the possibilities, and gain more control and so I'll Envision it: I'll dream about it and if there are steps I can take I'll take them and if not I'll try to focus on the present and enjoy what life throws at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment