Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Italian Chicken and Rice Bake


It's clearly been a while since I last used this recipe blog but I thought I should share what I made for dinner tonight. . .

Years ago I had enjoyed a recipe from Campbells for something similar but with an inability to use cream soups any longer due to additional allergies, I pretty much shelved the recipe as something we'd never get to eat again.

Tonight I decided to make a lot of adjustments. . .and it was tasty! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Italian Chicken and Rice Bake:

Ingredients:
2 tsp chicken soup mix (I used Fody)
2 cups water
2 tbsp margarine, melted (I used Becel Vegan)
1 cup long grain white rice
1/2 tsp oregano leaves
1/2 tsp basil leaves
1/2 tsp ground sage
1 zucchini (about 1 cup worth)
14oz diced tomatoes, drained
4 chicken legs back attached

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 400F
2) Mix chicken soup mix, water, margarine, rice, and spices together in 9x13 casserole dish.
3) Spread evenly with zucchini and diced tomatoes.
4) Top with chicken.
5) Cover with tin foil and bake at 400F for 55 minutes. Remove cover and bake for 5 minutes.
6) Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

This recipe served our family of 4 and we had a bit of the rice and veggies left over to eat later. In our case tonight's chicken cost $10.22, zucchini was $1.45 and we already had everything else. This brings our total to $11.67 or $2.92 per person.



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment