Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Basic Chicken

Yesterday I placed my first online food order since shopping at the Specialty food shop through Sick Kid's Hospital in 2009. Honestly that wasn't the best experience so I didn't order from them again.

At the time of the Specialty Food shop order, I was a very nauseated pregnant woman and I couldn't buy gluten free crackers ANYWHERE so I thought I'd order them from them. Well, suffice to say, the order came and I was thrilled! "My crackers are here!" I said aloud to my husband. Then I opened the box. There was a note inside. "We ran out of gluten free crackers so we took the cost of them off of your order and have shipped you your other item instead." Gah! You would think that someone could have informed me of this before my order shipped out?! I honestly wouldn't have wanted the rest of the order if the crackers weren't there. There was just no point since the whole reason I was ordering was because I needed crackers.

Anyway. . .I'm hoping and praying that this time around I will get everything I ordered! This time I have placed an order through El Peto and http://www.gluten-free-grocery.com/ I will let you know how it goes. I've heard good things about GFG so I have high expectations.

Until my food arrives we're living on whatever is here. :) So last night I dug through the cupboards and came up with something pretty basic. I am kind of wondering what would happen if I added some bread crumbs to this and possibly a tomato sauce or an Alfredo. I didn't have any rice milk in the house to make an Alfredo sauce though and the baby hasn't been exposed to almonds yet so maybe next time.

So very basic Chicken (serves 3):
1/4 tsp Basil
1/4 tsp Thyme
3 Chicken Breasts
Olive oil
GF Fettucine as desired

1) Oil pan
2) Cut Chicken into pieces and cook in frying pan with a bit of water. Just enough so that the chicken is about 1/4 to 1/2 submerged.
3) Add spices to chicken.
4) Cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked through. (I cooked mine at a low temperature for 20+ minutes)
5) Meanwhile cook gluten free pasta
6) When pasta is finished, remove it and chicken from the stove top and mix together.
7) Top with desired sauces.

No comments:

Post a Comment