Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Good Cookie


Do you remember when you were a kid and you used to grab an Oreo cookie and twist the top off, lick off the icing and dunk it into a tall glass of milk?

When I found out I had Celiac in 2008 I thought that was the end of my Oreo eating days! We'll I am happy to report that on Friday I found a gluten free, dairy free (and nut free) alternative!!

Kinnitoos by Kinnikinnick Foods (kinnikinnick.com) were just like I remembered and, as my 19 month older daughter put it, "NUMMY!" This was her first time trying an Oreo style cookie but I'm happy that she won't miss out on that experience. :)

Out of curiosity I even asked 2 "normal" people to try one and tell me if they could tell they were gluten free. Guess what. . .they said they tasted "Just like Oreos!"

Now to find some gluten free dairy free milk that tastes like milk . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment