Monday, September 19, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 10

Your Guilty Pleasures. . .

When I first read day ten's topic I was having a hard time thinking of anything to write.  I honestly don't have a lot of guilty pleasures.

A Google search on guilty pleasures brings up things like eating too much ice cream, chocolate, and frivolous shopping trips.

I'm Casein intolerant (no dairy), I rarely eat dairy free chocolate, and I rarely have enough money at my disposal to go shopping for anything more than the necessities.

This list proved a bit difficult.

Here's what I came up with:


1) Frozen Hot Chocolate from Second Cup
Once a year, usually during Christmas shopping, I treat myself to a Frozen Hot Chocolate from Second Cup.  It tastes AMAZING!  Unfortunately it's also over $4.00 a drink and with all the other spending that goes on in that season, I feel very guilty for spending that $4.00.



2) Fast Food/ Take Out/ Restaurants -
We've cut back on restaurant food significantly in the last couple of years but I still feel guilty that once a month that we go out for Swiss Chalet or grab Wendy's because the money that we spent on the meal could have gone so much farther if we'd used it at the grocery store instead.  It's nice to be able to not think about dinner once in a while though.
















3) Kijiji and MLS - I love "shopping" for what I don't have money for.  I spend tonnes of time thinking about how we could redo our living room or what kind of house we could buy if we had the money.  It could be seen as a bit of a waste of time.




Anyway, that's all I could think of off the top of my head.  What are your guilty pleasures?

No comments:

Post a Comment