Saturday, September 24, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 15

On day 15 of the 30 Day Blog Challenge I'm supposed to write 15 interesting facts about myself.  So, here goes. . .

1) Every Christmas as a child I used to get what I thought was an absolutely horrible cold.  When I got older I got tested for allergies and realized I'm severely allergic to pine.  It's actually so bad that pine shavings make my  eyes itch and puff just from being around them.

2) I'm allergic to latex, peanuts and hazelnuts.  I found out I was allergic to latex when I had braces in grade 11.  My gums were getting horrible sores on them every time I had an adjustment.  I suggested to the orthodontist at random that perhaps I was allergic.  He agreed it was a possibility and changed the gloves he used and all my elastics to latex free.  The sores all went away and didn't come back.  Years later when I had allergy testing I asked to be tested for that as well and sure enough, just as I thought, I'm allergic to latex.

3) I'm also allergic to horses and dogs.  I never knew this until I went to college and had a full panel of allergy tests done.  However, I'm afraid of both so it's never really affected me.

4) I have Celiac disease.  Celiac disease is a medical condition in which the absorptive surface of the small intestine is damaged by a substance called gluten (a protein found in wheat, rye, barley and oats). This results in an inability of the body to absorb nutrients: protein, fat, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals, which are necessary for good health.

5) I'm a Christian.  I was born into a Christian home but my faith has changed significantly as I've grown up and I'm now comfortable enough to call it my own.

6) I'm a stay at home mom.

7) I love to sing.  I've been told I have a great voice but I rarely sing anywhere outside of church or my home.

8) I love to dance.  I took dance lessons as a child and still wish I'd taken more.  I've tried to go back as an adult but never have enough time or money to do it.

9) I still weigh the same amount that I did in first year college (I never put on the freshman 15 either).  The only time I weighed more was when I was pregnant (I put on 20lbs).  No matter how hard I try I can't seem to put on more than 5lbs and then it just drops off.  It's a constant struggle.

10) I hate shopping but I love to buy stuff.  I would much rather shop online than in a store.  I don't mind shopping at 2am when no one else is in the store.  This is especially fun at Walmart around Christmas time.

11) I love watching Hoarders.  Every time it comes on I'm grateful that I don't live in a house that is that messy but it still makes me want to clean.

12) Sometimes I watch Treehouse TV after our daughter has fallen asleep.  I'm so used to having it on that I forget to turn it off.

13) I love Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Fringe, Chuck, and Sister Wives.  I can't wait until all the seasons start up again!

14) I have weird food habits.  I can eat the same exact thing for 365 days in a row and not get sick of it until day 366.  Then I don't want to see it for at least a month.

15) I love to redecorate.  I'm constantly coming up with ideas on how to make our place more like home.

So I hope those were interesting.  I really had to pull teeth to come up with 15 of them. lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment