Sunday, September 25, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 16

The topic for day 16 of the 30 Day Blog Challenge is entitled "Your View on Mainstream Music".  I thought that was kind of a random question but here goes.


Urban Dictionary defines Mainstream Music as music that's usually on the radio, Top 40 and is well known to the general public. Usually criticized by fans of the previous mainstream generations, and people who prefer bands and/or genres that aren't a part of the mainstream popularity of the time.


So, how do I feel about mainstream music?  I honestly don't have much of an opinion.  For one, I rarely ever turn on the radio so I really don't know what is mainstream right now.


However, I would have to say that for the most part I enjoy some music from every genre.  Here's a small sample of some favourites. . .though there's lots more variety than is represented here. :)


Christina Aguilera - Candyman



Gwen Stephanie - What Are You Waiting For


Alicia Keys - Fallin'


What are some of your favourites?  Do you like "mainstream" music?






1 comment:

  1. I would say that even though it's probably not good (as mainstream music is pretty sexual, etc these days) that yes, I enjoy mainstream music. If I go on youtube and listen to the top 100 list (don't usually make it far through), I do enjoy several songs. Some of my favourites at the moment are "Superbass" by Nicki Minaj, "I want you to take over Control" by Afrojack and Eva Simons and maybe "Give me Everything" by Pitbull, Afrojack and Nayer. Maybe not the most valuable songs lol, but... the music makes me happy and makes me want to dance! Sometimes I miss going dancing at clubs... even though I wouldn't really want to go into that scene again, I loved being on a packed dance floor where no one cares how you dance lol

    ReplyDelete