Thursday, September 15, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 6





My Zodiac sign is Gemini.

I honestly have never put much thought into whether or not my sign fit my personality because I really never knew what it meant to be a "Gemini". I don't pay much attention to horoscopes at all. I've only ever read them on occasion as a joke.



I found this description online of Gemini Personality:

Gemini people are many sided, quick both in the mind and physically. They are brimming with energy and vitality, they are clever with words. They are intelligent and very adaptable to every situation and every person. Gemini are curious and always want to know what's going on in the world around them. They are not one to sit back and watch the world go by, they want to be involved. This can sometimes make Gemini nosy, they do not mind their own business! This is because they really enjoy communicating, more so then most other astrology signs, they are the ultimate social butterfly. Gemini can talk and talk, but they have interesting things to say, their talk is not mindless babble. They have interesting opinions and thoughts on things and are not afraid to speak their mind. They are always in the know and are the one to see for the latest juicy gossip. Lacking perseverance, Gemini easily goes off topic to explore another thought or idea. Gemini are superficial, they will form opinions on matter without diving into them and exploring them fully. This can lead them into thinking they know everything, which they usually do but their mind is too busy to be concerned with fine details. Routine and boredom are Gemini's biggest fears. Gemini would rather be naive then know the depressing truth, they do not want anything putting a damper on their freedom or positive energy. 

So, do I fit the traits of a Gemini? Maybe a bit I suppose. . . 

I am easily distracted in school environments and generally don't get good grades, however, some people have referred to me as a walking encyclopedia because I love to learn and pick up information from all over. I love helping people find answers to their questions. Part of it is the challenge and the other is I love how happy it makes people. 

I'm not a gossiper. Though I'll often be aware of what is going on in people's lives, I rarely spread the information unless someone specifically asks me a question and I have permission to share that information.

Most of the communication I do these days is online so I wouldn't really consider myself a social butterfly. I prefer entertaining at home or going to someone else's home to going out on the town. In my college days I was definitely more of a social butterfly than I am now. I was out almost every day of the week for my first year but progressively that became less and less.

I tend to need more time to myself to recharge now than I did in those days. Unfortunately I don't get very much of that kind of time with a toddler running around the house.

I don't like being naive about much. I prefer to be in the know about everything whether good or bad - especially money related stuff. I don't get the idea, from the description, that Gemini is supposed to be the type to manage household monies but in my case I do. Unfortunately my husband is more Gemini in that area than I am. lol. . .and he's a Cancer. 

I don't think that astrological signs really have much to do with personality but I guess you could never really know for sure. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment