Friday, October 7, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 28

Something That You Miss.

I don't really miss a something but rather I miss a some-one.

My Grandma died in August 2008.  She was 94 years old.

I don't miss her on a day to day basis but there are times when I would love share things with her and I unfortunately can't pick up the phone or drop by her place any more.

I know she would have loved to see and hear about our daughter's milestones and the trouble that she gets into on a daily basis.

For a while in my teenage years Grandma and I didn't really understand each other.  She still bought me gifts that were aimed at children rather than adults, and she insisted on complete modesty which I was in disagreement with.  She thought that if a shirt had four buttons all four buttons should be done up. . .even if that brought the buttons all the way up your neck. lol.  Personally I saw nothing wrong with leaving one or two buttons undone.

However, I always knew she cared about me and that she wanted the best for me and the older I got the better conversations with her got and the more I appreciated her wisdom and caring.  She encouraged me to be myself and to follow my dreams.  She believed that if I put my mind to it, I could accomplish anything.

So, I miss this wonderful lady and I hope to teach my daughter some of the things that she taught me. . .though I'm still not crazy about buttons all the way up the neck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment