Saturday, March 31, 2012

Happy Burgers


Tonight we had planned to eat meatloaf but I was feeling particularly lazy tonight.  Cavendish Original Hash brown Patties are on sale at the grocery store this week, and they are gluten free so last night, in a fit of hunger, I sent hubby to the store to buy those.

Knowing that they were in the freezer already and that I had a pound of ground beef that had been intended for meatloaf, I decided the only logical thing to do would be to make, as my daughter calls them, "Happy Burgers" and have hash browns with them!

So we got out the George Foreman and hubby made the hamburgers, with my recipe, and I made the Hash browns in the oven.

I never think to take a picture when I make these.  Mostly because we don't generally serve them on a bun.  I haven't had much luck yet with finding gluten free buns that don't fall apart.  I have placed an order to Kinnikinnick though and when my hamburger buns arrive I will let you know what I think of them!  Hopefully I will have something exciting to report! :)

In the meantime, here is my recipe. :)

Happy Burgers:

Ingredients:
1 lb Ground Beef
1 tbsp gluten free bread crumbs (or crushed Rice Chex or GF Rice Krispies)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp Gluten Free Tamari
1/4 cup Chopped Onion

Directions:
1) Mix ingredients together with your hands.
2) Form into patties, and cook as desired.
3) Check temperature to determine doneness.
4) Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment