Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hearty Beef Vegetable Stew Revisited

Years ago when I was pregnant with our daughter, I made a recipe called Hearty Beef Vegetable Soup.  It was very tasty and I thought that I would make it again tonight.  However, when I looked around in the cupboard I didn't have some of the ingredients for the recipe so I had to make some modifications.  I think I like it even better now!


Unlike with my original post in 2009, I actually did manage to get a picture of this soup!  So, for your enjoyment here's the recipe!


Ingredients:
1 lb beef stew meat
1 19oz can Kidney beans
1 cup Prego Original Tomato Sauce
1 cup frozen Green beans
1/2 medium Onion diced
1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped

2 3/4 cup water
1/2 cup uncooked parboiled white rice
Water to cook rice (follow package directions)
1 14oz can Diced tomatoes

Directions:
1) Add all ingredients except white rice, rice cooking water and diced tomatoes to 6 quart crock pot.
2) Cook on high for 4 hours.
3) Start cooking rice 1 hour before crock pot finishes cooking.  Add cooked rice to crock pot when it's done.
4) Add Diced tomatoes to stew 15 minutes before finished cooking.
5) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment