Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Product Review: Nature's Path Organic Crunchy Vanilla Sunrise



Anyone else have parents or friends that see something gluten free in a grocery store and decide to buy it instantly without talking to you?

A friend of mine suggested I try this cereal because she had seen it at Costco and then lo-and-behold before I even had a chance to mention it to my mom, coincidentally she had seen it when she was out somewhere and thought I should try it.

Honestly I took 3 bites and couldn't eat any more.  It was far too sweet for me.

HOWEVER, my non-gluten free husband had two bowls, obviously liked it, and said it reminded him a bit of Corn Pops.  I'm guessing that compared to Corn Pops this is a much healthier alternative!

This cereal contains Whole Corn Meal, Evaporated Cane Juice, Brown Rice Flour, Yellow Corn Flour, Inulin, Quinoa Puffs, Flax Seeds, Natural Vanilla Flavour, Buckwheat Flour, Quinoa, Sea Salt, Amaranth, Molasses, Tocopherols (Natural Vitamin E).  It contains 110 calories per 3/4 cup serving.

So if you're looking for a "sugar cereal" or something with a bit sweeter taste than my personal preference of Rice Chex and Gluten Free Rice Krispies then I suggest you give Crunchy Vanilla Sunrise a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment