Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Mediterranean Chicken


I've never actually tasted Mediterranean chicken so I'm not actually sure if that's what this tastes like but I made this dish based on a recipe I modified of the same name and it was pretty yummy.  You probably wouldn't have to cut up the chicken like we did but we have a 3 year old and it just seems easier at times to cut everyone since we're already cutting anyway.

I found this recipe pretty cheap and fairly tasty so I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Mediterranean Chicken

Ingredients:
5 Tbsp tomato paste
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/8 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 tsp + 1/8 tsp salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
2 lbs chicken legs back attached (you could also use thighs, or drumsticks)

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper to make sauce.
3) If desired, remove the skin chicken skin.  Place chicken in a casserole dish and pour sauce over it.
4) Cook chicken for 1 hour.
5) Serve over rice.
6) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment