Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Turkey Meatloaf

I don't think I've ever made meatloaf with turkey instead of ground beef but the last couple of days it's been pretty hot outside which hasn't really inspired me to cook very much.

I wanted something quick and easy to make and so I modified a recipe to make the recipe below and it turned out really well. :) My daughter and my husband both said it was really good.  My daughter said "mmm" and asked for more and was disappointed when she realized the dish was empty.  I guess next time I'll try to double it. :)

Ingredients
1 tbsp Olive Oil
3 tsp Onion powder
1/4 + 1/8 tsp Garlic powder
1 lb ground Turkey
1/2 cup Gluten Free Bread crumbs
1 egg
1/4 cup Ketchup
2 tsps San-J Wheat Free Tamari
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup Ketchup

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350F.

2) In the casserole dish you will be cooking in, mix together olive oil, onion powder and garlic powder.

3) When it seems evenly mixed add ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, 1/4 cup Ketchup, Tamari, and pepper stirring after adding each to make sure they are evenly and thoroughly mixed.

3) Press mixture down into the casserole dish, cover and place in the oven.

4) Cook for 1 hour.

5) After removing from the oven spread remaining Ketchup evenly over the top of the meatloaf and serve.

6) Enjoy! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment