Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pasta with Eggs


This is what happens when you're digging around your fridge and cupboards because you ran out of real meat.  You end up making eggs.

After not finding any particular recipe that would work I just grabbed a bunch of stuff and threw it in.  This is what I came up with.   My husband and I thought it turned out pretty good, our 3 year old would disagree but she's 3 so I find it kind of comes with the territory. lol.

Hopefully you enjoy it. :) 

Pasta with Eggs

Ingredients:
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
6 eggs
1/2 pkg Rizopia gluten free rice pasta
Broth to cook pasta in - I used Celifibr beef flavoured cubes (makes approx 2 cups of broth)
Water to make enough liquid to cook pasta
1/2 can diced tomatoes (796ml/ 28oz can)

1) Hardboil eggs.
2) Cook pasta in broth/ water mix but otherwise as to package directions 
3) While pasta is cooking peel and cut eggs into desired size of pieces. I cut each egg into about 12 pieces.
4) Reuse the pan you used to boil eggs, adding to it diced tomatoes, onion and garlic powder.
5) When the mixture comes to a boil, stir in hard boiled egg pieces.
6) Warm through if necessary.
7) Drain cooked pasta and add sauce mixture to it.  Stir together.
8) Serve and Enjoy.

1 comment: