Saturday, December 10, 2011

Chicken Fingers - The Sequel

Premade Chicken Fingers are something that people without gluten intolerance or Celiac disease take for granted.  Go into a pub, restaurant, or a grocery store and you can probably pick up a pretty decent box of chicken fingers for what would probably be considered a reasonable price.

Not the case when you have Celiac disease.  Most gluten free premade chicken fingers are honestly pretty grose.  Enter S'Better Farms:




My daughter is celebrating her 2nd birthday tomorrow and requested "kicken" fingers.  She loves when I make them but I didn't think I had time so I decided to try one last ditch attempt at finding a box of chicken fingers that didn't taste disgusting and cost 2 arms and a leg. lol.

As taste and texture go, I was pretty impressed with S'Better Farms Chicken fingers.  They are also Kosher and Halal for those who that's important to.  Unfortunately, they are lacking in size for their price.  Here is a picture of some of the chicken fingers in the box.  (This is half of the box by the way.)  Not a whole lot of chicken for the comparable cost of a non-gluten free box of chicken fingers.  Unfortunately this is common with gluten free foods. :(

Boxed Chicken Fingers

If I had to buy premade chicken fingers S'Better Farms far surpasses the taste of any comparable gluten free product on the market and I would recommend them but unfortunately making my own is still cheaper and heartier than the gluten free products on the market. :)  Here is a picture of some of the gluten free chicken fingers I made tonight for the party tomorrow. :)

Homemade Chicken Fingers

I used my previous recipe, http://ontheedgeoftomorrow.blogspot.com/2011/07/chicken-fingers.html , but instead of using Rice Crisps I used 3/4 of a cup of Alterna Gluten Free Bread Crumbs pictured below and omitted the salt in the recipe (as the bread crumbs contain salt). :)  Hubby and I tried the chicken fingers tonight and we both agree they are yummy!  Hubby actually said they were the best gluten free chicken fingers he had ever tasted.  So try them yourself!  Let me know what you think! :)


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for mentioning our Alterna gluten-free bread crumbs in your blog! We are glad to hear that you like them. They can be purchased from our office in at 2907 Portland Drive, Oakville, ON L6H 5S4 M-F 9-5pm.

    ReplyDelete